Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Surgery day

I had an outpatient procedure done today and ended up being admitted to the hospital. My oxygen sats were down and when the doc listened to my lungs she said it sounded like I had cellophane in them! She sent me for a CT scan, EKG and had blood work done. Luckily, I didn't have blood clots in my lungs, but she said I had coughed during the surgery and that was probably when I aspirated liquid into my lungs.


John should have had these leg squeezers when he had his foot surgery last year, maybe he wouldn't have gotten blood clots if they had used them!


The doctor admitted me to the hospital so I could be watched and have some breathing treatments. I think it ended up I only had two, that's all I remember. They were supposed to come in and do another one at 1 am. but I don't remember them doing that and I think I would remember. They also injected something into my vein that was supposed to dehydrate me and dry up the fluid in my lungs. I stayed in the new part of the hospital, it was nice, they have room service food, a waiter dressed in an apron with tails and a bow tie and black hat delivers the food that you order from the menu and they are private rooms with a sofa so a family member can stay with you. John stayed, that made me feel better to have him there.

Check out this video, wish these guys would have been there to sing me awake!

http://nottotallyrad.blogspot.com/2009/11/waking-up-is-hard-to-do.html

No comments: