Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Festival Day 2

While John was checking out the pickup to make sure it would start and loading Rocky to deliver him, I went for a walk. As I ventured off the path and onto the grass stalking the geese, I could see what the groundskeeper was complaining about the other day, there were goose droppings all over on the grass and I had to stalk carefully to avoid stepping in it!

John was just loading Rocky as I got back and I hurried and showered and dressed so I could go with him to deliver him. I loved the area he is going to be living in, it's a gated community and the houses are log and rustic and oh so cute and the roads are narrow, it's like stepping back in time to a kinder, gentler age. Rocky is a house horse now, no more outdoors for him.



We had another good day today. The lady that bought Rocky came back and got a scratchboard that her daughter admired yesterday. She is going to give it to her for Christmas. Here are some of the booths at the festival. This is the view out our door. The lady that does the pencil drawings you can see is such a good artist! Her drawings look like photos, they are so realistic! There were several new artists in the festival. The lady that brought the dolls to the barn a while back was there, 2 wood artists, the pencil artist and a new jeweler. The rest were artists that have been at the festivals before. We had the same food vendor as last festival, we didn't bother eating there, they had brats and sauerkraut, the brats were tough and the sauerkraut didn't taste good, no one in the barn that tried it liked it, so it wasn't just me! We also had kettle corn and they had snow cones, too. They were yummy!

No comments: