Monday, April 16, 2012

Ouch!

As I was eating breakfast this morning, I suddenly had  a sharp pain in my mouth.  I thought I'd gotten a piece of something stuck in my gum, but after flossing, brushing and a water pick the pain was still there and I suspected maybe a part of the tooth had broken off  so I called Dr. Tenney's and they said to come up and they'd check it out.  Turned out a piece on the back of the tooth was broken away.  I've been having pain in a tooth since shortly before I had them cleaned last, but it was only minor and I coudn't tell for sure which tooth, so I didn't do anything about it.  Dr. Tenney glued the broken part to the stable part since it wasn't broken clear off and they put me on a list to call if they had a cancellation. They had a no show this morning, so I was able to get back in today.  He drilled out the huge filling, a "gift" from my childhood dentist, I'm sure, and was able to get the broken part off without it pulling off down into the bone, which he was afraid it would do.  He put a pin in the tooth that was left and built back up the missing part, then did a crown prep on it.  I'm sore and the tooth is hurting me this afternoon!

They are starting to cut down the trees at the old school, when I went by on the way home, they had topped off a couple of them.  Kind of sad to see the old trees go, they made such nice shade to sit under to watch parades!

After sleeping off the deadening, I checked out a couple stores for outdoor tables for the locust tree.  Found some at the Dollar Store, but they want $30 for tables that look like they're worth $10!  Didn't get one. 

Went with John up to Zebell's house to pick up a satellite dish and a cart he gave him.

Went to bed early, I was worn out and my face is sore.

No comments: