Tuesday, January 17, 2012

We're Getting Tougher

A few days ago, we decided it was too cold to walk when the temperature was 38 degrees.  This morning we left when it was 25 and we walked two miles!  Are we getting tough or what!  We stopped and talked to a city worker, who was on his way to check ponds, and he told us the same story Fred did about the elk living with the cow herd.  We watched as he drove out to the ponds and spotted  the herd of cows way off across the pasture.  I took some photos of what we thought might be the elk, but when we got home and I looked at them on the computer, I discovered it was just a light colored cow.  I did get one shot with the elk barely in the edge.  I wonder if we could walk down the lane and get closer to them?

We thought the animal in the middle of this photo was the elk,
when I looked at it on the computer the elk just barely got in
the left edge, the animal in the middle is a cow.

How to keep warm on a cold day!
John and his latest sculpture, a bear.
My carrots are coming up!

1 comment:

firemanrob said...

wow, that is tough! brrrr!

when my sister was in rexburg, she sent us a picture of when she had walked from her house to campus one day. it was a closeup of her eyes, hat, scarf over the bottom of her face... everything was covered in frost. even the eyelashes and the little wisps of hair hanging out. ouch. that's just painful. i've got to see if i can find that picture.