Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In search of the Elk

We decided to walk along the lane leading out to Fred's pastures to see if we could get a closeup view of the elk he told us about.  We did spot him, but when I started walking closer to get a photo, the cows got spooked and started leaving.  The elk followed them, just like we noticed her doing yesterday.  I think Fred is right, she thinks she's a cow!  I think we're getting used to the cold temperatures, it was below freezing again this morning, but we were all bundled up and it didn't bother us.

Here's the elk that thinks it's a cow. Wish I could have gotten
closer!

Nutrioso Creek and the bridge we walk across on our walks.
When we couldn't make the new timer I just bought stop leaking water, I remembered I had a nice timer from way back when I used to grow gardens!  We searched and found it and John installed it today.  Hopefully this one won't leak!  I was afraid the one I had was going to burst out at the hose connections and all the connections were plastic and some were leaking, so I had to water manually, that's NOT why I paid for a timer! My carrots and beets are showing up!!  Still no lettuce, maybe the seeds were bad.

The new watering system.

My beets are coming up!
The bear is getting legs!

No comments: