Monday, January 2, 2012

Exercise is Hard Work!

Since the weather turned cold we haven't been walking and decided we need to start again.  I went out for a short walk this morning and it wasn't easy, my joints didn't feel right, I think they need greasing! It's tough getting old.  I made it half my normal distance of 2 miles.  It's so easy to get out of shape and oh so hard to get back in shape!

The old Corral - 1/2 mile from my house
Time to put the Christmas decorations away, I've been gathering them up, now to carry them to the attic to put them away. 

Now it's time to put them away, I'm glad I didn't get them all out!
John  installed the automatic vent openers on the greenhouse this morning while it was still cool.  It can get up to 90+ in the middle of the day and it's too hot to work inside!  We thought we wouldn't need them until spring, and have been surprised that it gets so hot!  Even with the vents open the temperatures are sticking between 70 and 80.  We'll have to keep watch to see what happens when the sun goes down and it cools off.  The garlic I planted is growing well, I can almost see it grow, everytime I water, the tops are higher.  The lettuce seeds I planted haven't come up, I think the soil got too dry in between waterings.  It's so hot that the soil dries out really fast.
 
The vents are open

No comments: