Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another Walk in Paradise

Our little goose family looked so cute marching across the lawn, we only got a few minutes of them walking around before the grounds keepers drove up and scared them and away they raced, into the water. Jessie loved watching them, and I think she was wishing she could swim with them. We also saw a heron land on the far side of the lake, it looked like he was fishing.

Jessie had a great time playing on the lawn today and I got some cute photos of her posing.

No rain today, I thought it was going to, we got clouds and thunder, but it must have gone around us. We were glad because we could grill our steaks tonight. We ran out of fuel, so we ended up broiling them, but they were still so good! I made corn on the cob and a salad to go with and Monna had some of her chocolate pie left for dessert. YUMM!

Jessie watched a movie with Monna this evening and decided she wanted to sleep in the barn, but I think she didn't like it when they told her all the doors would have to be shut and locked, so she moved her chairs out by the trailer under the awning and slept outside. John said he'd give her a dollar if she would sleep outside all night and she earned her dollar! She said the chair was way more comfortable than the sofa in the trailer. The chairs recline to a sleeping position and she used the footstool to add a bit more length. I thought she would freeze out, but she said it was so warm, she didn't have to use all the blankets. I felt better with her sleeping close by, where I could see her out the door.

No comments: