Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Big Six-O

Wow, I never thought I'd be this old! When I was in my teens, I figured I'd be dead of old age by 30, after all, that was OLD! So now here I am twice the age I thought I'd ever be and I'm still here. So far, it's been a good day, John slept this morning and I browsed Netflix a bit more, adding to my stash. Thanks Charles, I'm having such fun! John offered to take me out to lunch where ever I wanted, I picked Subway sandwiches eaten under our locust tree. What better place to eat than our own little glade! We went shopping this afternoon and got steaks and corn and had them for supper, yumm!!


I got my birthday gift from John yesterday. He got me a Jim Tunnell print I've been wanting for several years. Jim had a booth at art barn festival and I fell in love with a sepia photo of some old worn cowboy boots on the feet of a cowboy. I was going to get a print then, but waited too long and he'd sold out. I was reminded of it this year when one of our customers mentioned Jim, she loves his photos, too. John contacted him and ordered me a print, bigger than I was going to spring for. Waiting does have its rewards!

No comments: