Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun Day

John and I met Alan, Vickie and Bea in Greer this morning and had lunch at Molly Butler Lodge. I hadn't eaten there since Mom, Carleen and I ate there on our Girls Day Out a couple years ago. We weren't very impressed with the food then, but what I had today was very good and everyone else said theirs was too. I had a Strawberry Salad with chicken on top. John had a prime philly sandwich. I think they have added more area to the outdoor seating area, I don't remember it looking like it does now. The guys came back home with us and we had such a good visit. Bea reminds me so much of Dad and Aunt Beryl and I told her I was adopting her into the family! She could be their sister, she looks so much like them.

We found that Vickie's Dad worked for Allis Chalmers, so she was happy to see our Allis and sit in the seat. We tried to get her to take her for a drive, but she declined.


On the way home from Greer we passed by a float from the parade, it was Dale Goodman's Abe Lincoln. I heard about it last week and felt bad that I was going to miss seeing it. When we went by, he was standing up, we went back up later to photograph him and he was sitting. We talked to a lady that saw the parade and she said he would sit while going under the wires, then stand up. So cool!

We went to Mom's this evening for a BBQ. Andy's family, Carleen, Sandy and Gary, Mom and John and I were there. I didn't think to get a picture until Gary and Sandy had left and Carleen didn't want to be in the pix, but here's the rest of us.


No comments: