Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wind

WINDY DAY! 

We went back down to the museum this morning to see if Greg had found the picture of Casa Malpais Pueblo for John.  The informational video has a drawing of what the pueblo may have looked like and John is going to do a scratchboard of it.  It's hard to make out what they show as one, two and three stories high, I guess John will have to interpret it like he thinks it would have looked.  I'm sure that's what they've done in the video anyway, because when we excavated, we didn't keep the rocks removed to measure how high the pueblo would have been, so no way of telling for sure.

The pueblo drawing that's in the video, it was hard to see!

I finally made it to the drug with a couple of photos to print.  I've been wanting to try out their prints and see if they are better than what I print.  They were just a bit better, and I think it would be cheaper than buying the ink and paper myself. 

We got the check today for the pueblo scratchboard John sold at the Chamber.  Yipee!  Hope they can sell more for him!  We're thinking about not renewing at the Casbah next year, our lease runs out in April, and they are talking about raising the rent $20 a month!  The store is getting so cluttered and junky looking, and they keep putting stuff in front of our display, hiding it a bit.  We feel like they're crowding us out! And we're only selling $10 prints now, not even getting our monthly rent back in sales.  I think it's time to leave!

Love when the light makes the sky dark like this.

No comments: