Monday, March 5, 2012

Two Weeks. . .

We've had our new mattress for two weeks now and I think we are both sleeping better.  John says he feels more rested and his midday naps are getting shorter.  The big thing I've noticed is that when I wake up I remember having dreams.  For a long time now I've not felt like I had any dreams when I woke up.  Now, I remember snatches of lots of dreams.  I think that must mean that I'm getting into deeper more restful sleep.

Changing out the art at the Chamber.  We took
the pueblo that sold home for safekeeping
until the new owner gets home from vacaion and
replaced it with the art that's sitting on the floor.

The new art display.

I started a few seeds today.
We went for a ride around town this afternoon.  John came back from a shopping trip to Woodland and invited me to go, he said it was such a nice day, we needed to open up the top on the car and the windows and enjoy the day.  By the time we got out, it had clouded up, but we still enjoyed the ride and still opened the window in the roof. 

New building going up at the airport.

Heading back towards town from the airport.

The house where the "ouija board" murders took place many
years ago.
We ate at Ray's restaurant tonight, we've noticed that there aren't many cars parked there when we drive by and felt guilty that it's been so long since we went.  They don't have much of anything that's South Beach, so when I started the diet, we stopped going.  I had a salad and had them leave off what I couldn't eat.  I like my salads much better!  I don't think restaurants know how to make a good salad, the one I had tonight was a plate of lettuce, with 4 slices of cucumber, 3 tiny slivers of celery, a few sliced carrots and a couple sprigs of broccoli, all on the edge of the plate, not mixed into the lettuce.  And grilled chicken on top.  It was called a Chef's Salad, but I'd call it a lettuce salad!

My "Mostly Lettuce" salad

John's chili size burger looked and tasted much better than my salad!

No comments: