Tuesday, March 20, 2012

monday

More snow today.  We thought maybe it was going to clear up, but it didn't and we got fluries off and on.  Not much sticking and it mostly melted.  Read on facebook that Nikki and Tristan had snow where they are!  Tucson and Thatcher, wow!

John had a dentist appointment to get a filling in his tooth.  I'm still having pain, he said if it keeps hurting I may have a crack in the tooth, bummer! 

Returned books to the library this afternoon.

Haven't ventured to the greenhouse today or yesterday, didn't want to open the door and let the heat out.  Hope all is okay in there!

Had a horrible day, everything seemed to go wrong!  John wanted more business cards and bios printed out, simple right  Wrong, the cards didn't want to print so I thought I'd just change the printer.  The desktop didn't have a driver for the other printer, so thought I'd just do them from John's puter.  It didn't have the program for the card to show up.  Spent a frustrating time trying to find the program to download.  Finally chatted with someone on the Avery site that gave me a link, downloaded it and installed on John's puter.  Then his puter didn't want to print right, the right fonts weren't installed and so it just changed the fonts and printed.  Not the way John wanted them.  Finally found the fonts on the puter, had to copy the entire font folder, it wouldn't let me copy just one font.  Then I found that it didn't keep the names so I had to open a billion fonts to finally find the one I wanted, and got it installed.  And that was just the cards!  Searched and found the bios, tryed printing out 10 pages with much frustration, the print command didn't work, turned off the printed and rebooted the puter.  The printer spit out some more cards, apparently it ran out of paper before it was done and forgot to let me know.  Then, I printed out 10 of the bio front pages.  Turned the papers over and tried to print the back page on them.  Printer doesn't print, then after much trying it printed out one facing the wrong way, I'd rotated it before I sent it to the printer, so tried again, same thing!  Flattened the file, saved it and opened in PSE.  Printer doesn't want to print again, but finally, I got it done.  Took me the whole day and I am thinking I want to run away from home,  LOL!  Calgon, where are you when I need you!

No comments: