Thursday, March 8, 2012

Smells Like Rain, But It's White!

I went outside early this morning to take a photo of it snowing and it smelled like rain!  I don't remember ever snow smelling like rain.

6 am and it's snowing.
Still snowing at 8 am
Burr. . .
The greenhouse

The temperature inside the greenhouse at 9 am. 

The temperature outside at 9 am. 

The mesclun is up.
John is making a new base for the little bear, he'll be standing
on a log.
He has also started on a new sailboat.

We had appointments this morning to get our teeth cleaned.  Dr Tenney said I'm good for now, a couple problems that might pop up and need care to watch.  John has a cavity needing filled, so he made an appointment to get that done later.  It was still snowing lightly when we left, but most of the snow that was on the ground when we left home this morning had melted.  So cold outside!!  I remembered while sitting in the chair getting my teeth cleaned that I didn't take my premeds!  Yikes!  I didn't say anything to them, just waited and took them when we got home.

Dr. Tenney's sign

My teeth, kind of freaky looking!

Mom called me this afternoon to let me know that Stewart was just evacuated to the valley, with bad burns. Robbie found him, she went to take groceries and he didn't answer her knock, so she went inside and he was on the bed with burned hands.  She called 911 and they transported him to the airport where he was flown out.  They said his throat was also burned.  There was a burned chair in the room, they aren't sure what happened or when it happened.  Robbie said her dog goes down and sleeps in his trailer at night and Stewart lets the dog out in the morning.  The dog was still inside and when she opened the door so it sounds like it must have happened last night or early this morning.  They aren't sure he is going to make it, so the burns must be bad.

No comments: