Monday, February 13, 2012

Lights Out!

Cold day, we haven't walked in several days now, I'm missing it!  Just too cold to walk.

Cold and cloudy dawn.

The peas are growing taller!

The second planting of pole beans is coming up.

Wayne and Vicki brought up oranges and grapefruit to share. 
I made two batches of bread today, one I tried flattening out
to make sandwich rounds like I buy at the store.
The other batch I started in the bread machine
then took it out and baked in the oven.

We had a series of black outs this evening.  The lights kept going off for a few minutes, then back on, that happened a bunch of times, then they went out and stayed out.  The wind wasn't bad here, but it must have been blowing lines into each other somewhere on the path to us.

We're not used to no electricity and had a hard time
finding something to light up the dark!  Kind of
made me miss the old days when the lights went
out a lot and we had kerosene lamps in the pantry
ready to light.  

No comments: