Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Day In The Life

Ali Edwards invited us to join her in documenting a day in our lives and today is the day!  Wish I had more exciting things going on today.

First thing I do when I get up, (after hugging John, of course) is take my morning meds, one for blood pressure and one for thyroid.
 
5:30 am, took pills.  Putting them in the daily pockets is the only
way I can keep track if I took them or not, otherwise, I forget
and don't take them.   

25 minutes left of the hour I have to wait to eat after taking
thyroid pills.
6:30 Cocoa Time

7:09 The eastern sky was so beautiful this morning!
7:15 my breakfast, an omelet with cheese, avocado and picante
sauce on top.  So good!

7:44  Online, checking out Ali's blog and other sites. 

8 am getting ready to walk, leg warmers and knee
supports on.

Ibuprofen for all the aches and pains walking
is going to give me.

My Mickey jacket, Lundin hat, gloves, scarf and
pink sun shade, all needed for a cold morning!

We're on our way, it's cold and overcast this morning. No need
for my sun shade today!
Pa's Path - that's what Jessie calls it.  He walks off
the road in a tire track.

My route, I call it my Shel path as in Serpentine, Shel, Serpentine,
because I have to weave around to stay on the pavement.
Water is still running in Nutrioso Creek

Looking southwest, there is still snow on the mountains.
Burr, it's a cold day.
 We walked 2 miles this morning. It was overcast and dreary and cold out. I checked the weather when we got home and they say we have a 10% chance of snow today and a 20% chance tonight! Hope the weather is nicer this weekend for the President's Day shootout!

10 am washed dishes

My lunch, burger with Veggie Cheese and onions.
Not much mail today, just bills and a seed catalog.

12:30 checked the plants in the greenhouse and spent a bit of
time pulling out the morning glory weeds. 

Only 60 in the greenhouse today, the vents didn't open and it felt
a bit chilly. 

My peas are starting to cling to the support wires and climb
up them! 

John had to do some repairs on the press he is using to bend the
spikes for the bear.  It's bent lots of them!

The bear is shaping up!
The CD I checked out from the library and listened to today.
It's Arizona's 100th birthday on February 14th and the
library has a display with books, maps and stuff about
Arizona you can check out. 
2:30 going for a ride
We checked out the pumps at the new station, no prices and no
place for credit cards, I think I was right, it's just for commercial trucks.
Next was a stop at Woodland to get some sheetrock for a backdrop
for the dart board for Saturday's Shootout.
They just put up this sign at the park.  It's looking good!
Wow, lots of logs at the old sawmill in Eagar, we didn't know it
 was a working sawmill.
5 pm talking to Jessie on Facebook.
And uploading photos to my blog.
5:48 TrailRider Restaurant for chili
Red Chili and lettuce, my South Beach supper, yumm!!

Spent a lot of time today uploading photos to the blog.  Visited with Jessie on facebook a couple times, her school is closed today for repairs, I think she said on the water system.  It was overcast and dreary all day today, kind of depressing weather!

Went out to Trail Riders for dinner, a bowl of red chili and a bowl of lettuce for me.  Our waitress knows what I want now, LOL, she's such a sweetie, I don't think she was even working tonight, but she came and took our order anyway. 

 John called Charles to see if he was coming up this weekend, he is! 

Watched TV until bedtime, a new show about making guns.

Took BP pill and went to bed at 9. 

Well, that's pretty much it, a day in my life right now.  Some days are more exciting than this one was, LOL!

No comments: