Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Can Still Play!

Years ago, I used to play my Yamaha every day, I was never a great player, but I enjoyed it.  Then one day I just stopped playing, I don't remember why.  A week went by, then a month, and the years flew by and I didn't play.  This morning as I was putting the bedroom back together after tearing things apart last night to get the new mattress in, I looked at it and decided I wanted to sit down and play.  I no longer had a chair to sit in, so I played on my knees for a while, then went and asked John if he knew where the folding chair I'd gotten for the piano went to.  He went right to it, it was in a closet in the attic, I think it got borrowed for somethng and never returned.  Maybe that had something to do with my not playing, LOL.  I sat down and played for a couple hours!  I was so amazed that I could even remember which notes went with which keys, but I think I did pretty good.  And I had fun! 

My poor Yamaha has been sitting for way too long!

We took the bed apart this morning and took out the base John built for the other bed.  They brought the wrong foundation last night, I ordered the low 5" ones and they brought the 9" high ones and it was late and the bed was taken out and we were too tired to send them back and bring in the old stuff  So, the bed was too high again.  We set the foundation on the floor and the bed is 4 or 5 inches lower.  I'm scared the foundation is going to get beat up so we need to come up with something to get it a bit off the floor, I wonder if they make the metal thingies in a short version?   When we got in bed last night we thought they must have brought the wrong mattress, it was hard and it was so cold, it felt like it was sucking all the heat out of my body!  But by morning it had softened up and warmed up.  I think it got way cold in their truck last night and it took it a while to warm up.  We both slept in later than usual for us, maybe we made the right choice getting this mattress!  I was still hurting when I got up, but I did sleep longer.  Time will tell. . .


No comments: