Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hazardous Weather Outlook

We've got a strong wind going again and the National Weather Service says we have a Red Flag Warning, Wind Advisory and Hazardous Weather Outlook for today and tomorrow. They said there is a slight chance of snow in Flagstaff on Sunday! I went out early before it got too hard and planted some tomatoes in my brick planter. I think I'll wait a bit to plant the rest and see what the weather is going to do, we've gotten snow Memorial Day weekend before!

I also got the new soaker hose cut and hooked up. When I saw how nicely the water was coming out, I went and got another one to redo the other bed. The old hoses squirt streams of water out that go all over the place and wet down the surrounding ground. The new one just slowly soaks out, so it should save water.

I was walking down the sidewalk and almost stepped on this, isn't it pretty.

I thought it was a leaf as I stepped over it, but it wasn't. It's some kind of a moth, I think. Not sure. Anyone know what it is? I went back out a couple hours later and it was still sitting there in the same spot. I don't think it's dead, maybe it's waiting out the wind?

No comments: