Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Festival Day 2

We saw this cute little family out looking for breakfast on our walk this morning. It was cold, we even saw a bit of ice on one of the benches on the golf course! My ears were frozen by the time we got back and I wished I'd brought a knit cap to wear.

One of the visitors today was riding this cool looking bike. Someone said it was made by Schwinn and is circa 1917. It says Excelsior on the bike, so I'm not sure he is right about it being made by Schwinn. It was so loud and spewed lots of smoke, I thought it was because it's so old, but apparently they were like that when new. I watched the rider start it, it has pedals that he spun with his feet and then the engine started. I wonder if you can pedal to go and not start the engine?

1 comment:

Charles Wilhelm said...

What a cool moped! Found this link when I went looking for more info: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1913-excelsior-7-c.htm