Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sunny Saturday

Sunrise this morning, taken at 5: 27 am. In the winter the sun comes up off the right side of the photo, look how far its moved! I love to watch it as it travels from its winter position to summer! There were clouds in the sky as the sun came up, but they were gone by midday.

When John got home from work we took a load of heavy trash to the dump. It was a free day to dump, so it was a good chance to get rid of metal and heavy stuff that would have cost a big bundle of $$ to get rid of otherwise!

When we got home from the dump, John cut the trex I got to add to the top of my beds to make them higher and fastened them together and attached them to my grow boxes. After he went to bed, I moved the soil to one side of the box and put cinder sand, manure, leaves and grass clippings on the bottom, then piled the soil on top of that, then did the other half. So I guess what I have now are Lasagna - Square Foot Gardens! I got both boxes finished, John helped me with the second one after he got up. They didn't end up as full as I thought they would, I'll have to add more soil to the top. The horses across the street were nice enough to share some of their manure with me. LOL, they came to see what I was up to, I think they thought I'd brought them a bucket of goodies to eat. When they smelled what was in the bucket, they soon wandered off, I'm sure they were thinking what a weird human I was! I got a lot done today, cut the lawn with a weed whip, it was too tall to use the mower, put the clippings in my garden beds, cut the weeds around my garden with the weed whip, trimmed the tree and got the bed in the travel trailer put back together. It felt great to be outside again, the weather today was wonderful!

No comments: