Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bear Country!

We were reminded this morning that we are on the edge of the forest. John was out early puttering around when he noticed white on the ground. (It was still dark out, so he couldn't see clearly.) When he walked up closer, he noticed the dumpster had been tipped over and the white was trash from the dumpster scattered around. When everyone was up and out, we asked and strangely no one had heard anything. Monna sleeps in her van, so we expected that she would have heard a loud bang as the dumpster hit the ground, but she didn't. The guys decided it had to have been a bear to tip over the heavy dumpster, it took 3 of them to tip it back up! They found the other dumpster in the area had muddy prints on it and there was a bit of trash scattered around it too. It looked like someone had already picked up most of it, not sure if that one had been tipped over and stood back up already, or if it wasn't tipped over.

It was raining this morning when I got up and rained just long enough that we didn't have time to walk on the golf course. I wandered around this morning shooting mushrooms, they are popping up everywhere and there are some really weird ones!

We didn't get any more rain at the barn today, it was cloudy most of the day, but by the time we left, the sun was shining. I ventured out for a walk mid morning down Deep Forest Drive, it was cloudy and I had my camera with me and I didn't want to chance it getting wet so I didn't go far.

I took this shot on the way home this afternoon, it's the drainage that's close to the Green's Peak turnoff.

It must have rained here in town shortly before we got home, there was water on the roads and puddles all over. Guess it was our turn for rain today.

No comments: