Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Tails

What a busy day! John and I went out for a short walk this morning, my hip is still giving me pain when I walk, so we didn't go far.

Today was the Humane Society's big benefit and auction and it was held on the barn grounds. Tons of people came, they had 4 food vendors, crafts for the kiddies, animals to adopt, a couple of lamas on display, two auctions and live music. We had a good day. Gracie and Dean stopped by to visit, they are both looking good, Dean said he got a clean bill of health and Gracie's surgery was a success. So glad to hear that! In the morning a one man band played and sang, I loved the songs, they were oldies, then in the afternoon, Steve's Mountain Saddle Band played, I asked if they could sing Grandpa's Hat for me and they did. This is the first time I've heard the band sing it, it sounds great with the music!


This evening we went out to eat with Monna, Alan and Vickie at a Mexican restaurant. Mine was okay, just a bit too spicy, John said his was good.

No comments: