Monday, August 30, 2010

Change is in the air

The wind has blown for a couple days now, and the temperatures are cooler. Makes me want to go on a picnic in the woods before the cold sets in!

This little flower looks so forlorn all by itself in our parking area. It's the same as the ones that fill the field across the street.



A lot of my container plants are looking bad, not sure what happened, I used some fertilizer that Carleen's garden instructor recommended, not sure if I used too much or if it's something else. Luckily, the tomato plants in the front planter are still going strong and there are tons of tomatoes ready to be picked. I can't keep up with them now, they are coming on too fast! I wish there was a way to preserve them so I could use them for sandwiches all winter!


Our bug controller, sleeping the day away.



For several years now we've had bats stop in for the summer and spend the days sleeping on our front porch and the nights eating insects and we hardly see any mosquitoes. I've seen more little flying bugs this year, but I'm not sure what they are, I avoid walking though the swarms that fly around. Lots of eating for the bats this year, I think we needed more than one! Ours should be fat and sassy by now.

No comments: