Thursday, June 10, 2010

Windy

The wind started early this morning, I watered while it was just a bit breezy, now it's picking up. Wonder if it will blow in some rain? The last couple days, I've noticed a good smell when I'm outside. I wonder if it's the locust tree? It's strange, when I go up to the tree and smell the flowers, I can't smell anything, but that good smell tantalizes us on the breeze. I thought it might be these flowers, but when I get close to them, they don't have a smell that I can detect.

After John got home from work we took a sign he made over to the Floy Cemetery. He learned about it recently from Andy and wanted to make a sign as the only one there has faded until it's not readable. There are a few headstones there, I think they are newer ones, replacements placed later. I wonder how many graves are unmarked? This is the headstone of two of the children of my Great-Uncle Edward and his wife.

Jessie came home with us to spend a few days.

No comments: