Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Officially Summer!

Today is the summer solstice and officially the first day of summer for 2010! A solstice is an astronomical event that happens twice each year, when the tilt of the Earth’s axis is most inclined toward or away from the Sun, causing the Sun’s apparent position in the sky to reach its northernmost or southernmost extreme. In this case, when we speak of Summer, the sun is farthest North or Northernmost. The term solstice can also be used in a broader sense, as the date (day) when this occurs. in this case, that is why it is called Summer Solstice. So get up and go outside, get your sunscreen and find your spot at the beach for summer is here! That's where I wish I was right now! Here's our summer yard, love it!

There is an auction coming up this week and we stopped and checked it out today. Some cool things but nothing I want bad enough to sit and bid on it! This little car tickles my fancy, it's just so cute! I can see myself running around town in it! But, then again, I don't want it that bad!

These wagons are so cute!

No comments: