Saturday, June 19, 2010

Knit 1 Crochet 1

Seeing some knitted washcloths at the Art Barn got me enthused about making some and I pulled out my cotton yarn and patterns and knitted a washcloth while we were at the barn last weekend. Today I decided to made a crocheted one to see which I like the best. The knitted one is softer, the crochet pattern I used is tighter and kind of nubby, it should make a good scrubbing washcloth, or dishcloth. I used to knit and crochet a lot, gradually I stopped making things as I got more into computers. It's kind of fun to use my fingers for something other than typing again!

There was a bite in the air this morning. The thermometer said 50, but it feels colder! I hope my poor tomatoes and peppers can stand the cold and wind! It's another windy day, I chuckle as I am reminded of Dad and what he would say when the wind didn't want to give it up for the summer. He'd say, "I remember back in the summer of '37 the wind blew all summer long and they had to cut the hay by lantern light at night. That was the only time the wind died down enough not to blow the hay away and this summer is looking just like the summer of '37!" Hey Dad, maybe we are going to have another "Summer of '37"!

No comments: