Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm freezing!

The low last night was 1.2.   I think our cold days are coming straight from the North Pole!  Burr, I'm so ready for some warm weather.  I don't know if it's colder this winter, or if I'm just feeling it more, but I don't seem to get warmed up.  

I had tomatoes and peppers still growing in the greenhouse, but they have given it up during this cold weather, I guess it's getting down close enough to freezing in there to kill them.  Celery, carrots and onions are still okay and I planted some peas the other day.  Last year, they did fine and I planted them a bit earlier than this, I think.

We walked a mile today!  It's been a long, long time since we've walked.  I tried it the other day, but it was just too cold and I only made it as far as Sam's dog cages.  Today we waited until 2 to start and it was all the way up to 36 degrees.  I was  bundled up like a mummy to keep my face warm going out with the breeze in our faces, but was plenty warm coming back home.



I rode out to the dump with John this afternoon.  On the way home we spotted an elk heading the same way we were traveling and John matched our speed to the elk's while I snapped away.  We turned off on a side road and got close enough to see the animal's breath!  So cool!


No comments: