Tuesday, May 29, 2012

tuesday

Called and got in to see the doc this morning.  The results of the bloodwork are in.  I didn't realize my sleep apnea was doing damage to my body, but the results show that it is.  Reece said that my high blood pressure, the high cholosterol and an elevated red blood count can all be a result of the apnea!  He said I am at more risk for heart attack and stroke, too.  I can't wear the torture device they have for apnea, I tried it when first diagnosed and ended up with my nose blistered and sore, I am allergic to the material they make the masks with.  They tried one that goes inside the nostrils, but it soon had me so sore I gave up on that one too.  I stopped wearing the thing and have never used it since.  I wonder if they have come up with new technlogy?  I'm going to make an appointment with an ENT doc to find out.  I'm so tired of being so tired all the time! 

After the appointment we headed out to help our former neighbors move some heavy tables into their new home.  They are living out in the middle of nowhere, a few miles from the Stanford General store.  I don't think I'd like living out there, they're off the grid, so have solar and a generator to supply electricity.  They do have an amazing view any way they look though. 

Went shopping in ShowLow after and got a few items we needed.  I got a new BP monitor, checked mine with the docs office again and it was way off, funny that it's so high there, but not at home, makes me wonder.  Anyway, I have a new one now, we'll see how it does.

No comments: