Friday, November 12, 2010

Cold Weather!

Wow, it's gotten cold the last few days. I didn't venture out for a walk today, it was just too cold! Our ETS heater had a weird message today, it said core fail. I called and they are sending someone out to look at it, but the message went away and it was fine the rest of the day, so not sure what's up.

I made a loaf of bread today. It's been a while since I've baked. I didn't have time this summer and I was out of the habit when I had time again.


I spent the day transfering stuff from my old laptop to the new one. Still have tons to do. I also cleaned out John's Ultra laptop, I think I got everything we need off of it. I switched places with the computers, I moved the new computer onto my desk, and the old one to the table, now I'm using the new one for everyday stuff instead of going to the old one. Lots of changes to get used to, win 7 is so different and the keyboard on the new one is bigger and I keep hitting the wrong keys. It will just take time! I watched a netflix movie, just to see the changes and it's great, the screen is bigger and the sound is louder. Sometimes we had a hard time hearing on the Gateway.


John called me this morning to tell me he'd just heard that one of my old classmates passed away, Edwin Plumb. I didn't realize that his funeral was today until Marion and Doris stopped by on their way home from the funeral. I just had to tell them my favorite Edwin story, about the time he got sick and threw up on our teacher, who was talking and ignoring him standing by her side to ask permission before he left the room. LOL, we all thought she deserved getting thrown up on! She was a very strict, mean teacher.

No comments: