Monday, November 8, 2010

A Change in the Weather

I noticed the wind ruffling the tops of the trees this morning and decided I'd better get in my walk early or I might not be able to go. When I left there was a slight breeze and it didn't seem too bad. In fact, I went farther up the old highway than I have been going. I made it to the tree on the right.

Here's my view looking back towards town.


On the way back, I discovered why it had been so easy going out, the wind was at my back, gently pushing me along. The walk back wasn't too bad on the old highway, a bit breezy and I could feel it making me work harder. Then I crossed the highway onto our street and it was like walking into a different place. The temperature dropped, it was cold, and the breeze got harder and I was being pushed back harder! Leaves were swirling along the road into my face, my ears were freezing and I was so glad to make it home! We seem to live in the coldest spot in the valley, we've noticed on comparing temperatures with people in different parts of town, we're always colder. Boy did I notice that difference today! Just a short distance away it was warmer and not as windy!

Look what I found today, my lucky penny!

No comments: