Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Little Colorado is Running High!

On his way home from work this morning, John noticed the Little Colorado was running pretty high, so he took me back out to see. Wow, is it ever high! After he went to bed, I went back and walked to the bridge, parts of the trail were muddy where the river overflowed its banks in the last few days, so I didn't see the water at its highest level and it was still impressive!

It's washed away the banks at spots and some of the signs are in danger of being washed away if it gets any higher!

The spot where Jessie and I had our picnic a short time ago is now under water! We were sitting by the little tree!

By the time I got to the bridge, the wind was blowing pretty hard and it was cold, so I turned around and went back to the car and home!

We had a good rainstorm this afternoon, our grass is getting pretty high from all the moisture we've been getting! It was still raining this evening when I went to bed.

No comments: