Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Computer Woes, Stairs and a Heavenly Salad

I spent the day copying computer files to an external and working on trying to get my computer working again. Norton told me I had some file system errors and to reboot and it would fix them. After several reboots and no fix, I found where I could tell it to fix it, but it said it couldn't do that, but I could choose to have it fix on boot. Finally it worked. I downloaded Disk Keeper to see if a defrag would help, we'll see. I've been neglecting my blog, too busy with the computer so I'm trying to catch it up now.

John worked on the stairs today and got them almost all finished, they just need a board to cover the hole between steps. We're going to get log rails to finish them off and put carpet on them.

Strawberries are starting to show up on sale and we got a couple boxes at Wal Mart. I made our favorite salad for lunch today, yumm! Thanks to Mom for the recipe! She served it at a family dinner last summer and we were immediately hooked!

Here's the recipe in case you're interested in trying it out.

Green leaf lettuce

Celery

Grated Carrots

Craisins

Strawberries

Slivered Almonds

Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

I get the salad packages with the lettuce and carrots and other veggies already in it, makes it so easy! I sometimes add raisins to it too. I tried a different brand of dressing and the salad wasn't as good, so I always use the Kraft. The addition of chicken on top makes it into a meal by itself.

No comments: