Saturday, April 17, 2010

Classic Cars and a Funeral

Today was the Chrome in the Dome, I almost forgot about it, glad I remembered in time! There were more cars this year than the last time I went, I heard there were over 100 vehicles! I saw some cool cars and several that I'd love to have!

My favorite was there, this cool old car that's been there every year.

This afternoon I attended the funeral of Carla Nelson. It was a nice funeral, I enjoyed learning about Carla's life, she must have been a fun wife, mother and grandmother! I didn't know her well, but she was always nice to me, and when John and I went up to ask if we could look around where Grandma grew up, she took us on a tour of the property and showed us everything and in the case of the barn, showed us where it used to be back when Grandma would have milked the cow in it. She also gave me some of the old things that were in the yard that were there when Grandma was living there. Later when Delbert Nelson took us on a tour of Nelson family sites and we showed up at her house, she invited us in and told us the history of the house.

No comments: