Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Busy Day

We were ready for our appointment this morning early so we checked out of the motel and found the place where it was and walked around a nearby shopping center and of course I took a few pictures.

I took this one just so I could say "He went to Jared!" (We didn't go in, nothing opened until 10 am, and that's when our appointment was.)

We met with our planner, then went to lunch at On The Border, our first time there. What we had was okay, not as good as our hometown Mexican food though. John didn't care much for the food because it had the hated "C" stuff in it. (Cilantro).

Here's what we had, I can't remember what they are called, the pastry was great, the filling was chicken and cheese and a few other things, not sure what. They were served with a little bowl of cheese dip and lettuce and tomatoes with I think green onions sprinkled on. I thought they were pretty good, John said he could taste Cilantro in everything, which he hates. So he gave the restaurant a thumbs down and my thumb was kind of in the middle.


We had an okay trip home, it was just too long! I like being places, I just don't like getting there. We stopped in Globe for snacks and I got what I thought was going to be a delicious bottled drink, an A&W float. Supposedly Root Beer with the taste of an ice cream float. I took one sip and that was enough for me. John wanted to try it, so without telling him I didn't like it, I gave it to him and he took a sip and I wish I'd gotten a picture of the face he made! He hated it too. It had a bitter taste and tasted nothing like root beer and ice cream, don't waste your money on it! Yuck!


We didn't see water running down the rocks like yesterday on our way down, the rocks were still wet, but nothing running down them. Guess we lucked out to get to see all the water yesterday. I was missing the drive through the historical district in Globe, they rerouted the highway some time back, so John drove down into the old town, just for me! I love the old buildings there! Thanks John for a trip down memory lane.

No comments: