Monday, March 7, 2011

WIND and Chili!

The wind is blowing hard today, we even had a bit of snow blow by. Lots more wind to come this month and next! The sky was cloudy when we got up this morning.


I didn't realize how I hardly ever cook from scratch until today when I needed some cornstarch and couldn't remember where it was stored! I'm cooking up some green chili and wanted to use it to thicken it. I watched a Dutch Oven cooking show just before Art Space on Saturday and the cook was making green chili, refried beans and enchiladas, all in dutch ovens. Made me hungry for chili! I'm not using a dutch oven, but I'd like to try it in one this summer. He thickened his chili with corn starch, so I thought I'd try it.

1 comment:

Jana said...

that chili looks SOOOO good. Can I get a recipe from you?