Friday, February 26, 2010

Lyman Lake Park Closed

As we drove to St. Johns today, we saw that there is a barricade up and a sign saying Lyman Lake is closed. I was hoping they would come up with a solution to keep it open. Guess not. After years of the government wasting our tax $$, the shortage is catching up with them and we're paying the price. Sad to see all our parks closing!

We went to St. Johns so John could pick up an antique hay rake he's going to incorporate into sculptures. He enticed me to go along with him by offering to take me to El Camino for some red chili. I couldn't pass that up! Their red chili is the best I've ever eaten and today's was super good! Here's a picture of my Navajo Taco, yummmy!


It took John and Eric over 3 hours to get the heavy machine loaded, first they had to cut down a tree that had grown up in the middle of the machine, then winch the heavy thing up onto a trailer. I was so glad when they finally got it up on the trailer! It was cold and breezy and my face feels wind burned tonight, but no one said being the official photographer was going to be an easy job, LOL.

View of the snow covered mountains taken on the way home.

No comments: