Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just Another Day in Winterville

We had a weird thing happen last night. We'd just gone to bed and suddenly the wind started blowing hard, it blew for about 5 minutes then stopped just as suddenly as it started. John thought he heard something in the front of the house and went to check it out. He found the back door standing open! After a cautious check of the area looking for an intruder, he decided the air pressure from the sudden wind had sucked it open. I guess we hadn't closed it tight. Lucky that didn't happen after we were asleep or we'd have had a freezing house this morning!

It's cold and breezy today and it keeps spitting little tiny balls of snow at us! I needed a good dose of spring today and Carleen supplied it by calling me this afternoon to let me know their Alco has Burpee seeds! (I was wanting to get some more of the 4th of July tomato seeds I planted last summer) I ran down to check at our Alco and they had them, yea!! The ones I planted last summer had oodles of tomatoes and they were pretty early too. While I was there I saw a cute little greenhouse with a plastic cover that was pretty cheap, and I picked one up. It should be great for starting seeds! I just need to find some lights to go in it. I planted some of the seeds today.

No comments: