Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What A Day!

After a night of terrible winds, we woke up to a white world. We got about 2 or 3 inches of snow during the night. Beautiful, but cold!

I've had a not so fun couple of days! Yesterday, after the new elements were installed in our ETS heater, I noticed a strong smell coming from them. A couple hours later my vision started being weird, I was seeing a black zigzag and things were blurry. I took a nap and felt better, then that evening it happened again, and this time I had a headache along with it. We made a trip to the ER, where they examined me and had a CT scan done and didn't find any sign of a stroke, tumor or bleeding in the brain. They released me and told me to go see Dr. Miles, an ophthalmologist in the near future. After another episode this morning, I called and got in to see him this afternoon. He didn't find any problems with my eyes, but said my symptoms are classic migraine symptoms and he thinks that's what I'm having. Not fun! I am hoping that the cause is a chemical given off by the heater elements and once we get that out of the air, I won't have any more problems! The roads had mostly cleared up by the time we left, just a few spots where blowing snow had covered the road. We enjoyed the view along the highway of a winter wonderland, so pretty! Wow, looking at this picture, it doesn't look like we're on a paved highway, but we were!

No comments: