Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wagon Ho!

This is a photo of a picture John made and gave me for my birthday a few years ago. It's made entirely of wood, except for the cloth background. Some of the pieces are tiny and thin, like the reins, I'm amazed that he could shape a bend into them! I just love it!



I got to go on a tour of Casa Malpais this morning. They are doing some stabilization work and just back filled the room I helped excavate. It was kind of sad to see the room filled, but the walls were collapsing and it needed it. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me to get a picture of them getting the dirt to the room in a pipe from the plateau above, across a deep gorge and over to the pueblo. Quite a feat!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow that picture Pa made looks really nice!