Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Food for the Soul

We made our annual pilgrimage to the 20' falls today. I love to go there when the snowmelt is coming down the stream. The awesome roar of the water and the sheer force of nature at work as the water plunges down the sheer drop is always amazing to me and I love to sit and watch and listen. Awwww, food for the soul!

The first picture is taken from down below the falls. The water isn't at its highest peak yet and I was able to get up pretty close to the falls and could feel the spray on my face! The second picture was taken up the hill at the level where the water falls off the cliff.




We rode home through the woods, the same road we tried to come in on when we tried to get to the falls on March 8. Most of the snow has melted since then, although we did hit a few spots where there was snow on the road and some pretty muddy spots. Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive! We had a fun trip, it seemed so good to be able to get to the woods again! I'm looking forward to some camping trips this summer!



As we got to the turnoff to our street we could see flashing lights approaching from New Mexico way and stopped to see if it was more of the big trucks. Sure enough, it was another group of three and this time I got a picture of the truck as it went away from us and you can tell more just how huge the load the truck is carrying is!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Oh, I love Twenty Foot Falls. I miss it. Too bad that we always come too late in the summer and it's not running...