Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another Walk and a Doctor Visit

Another beautiful day today. John and I walked this morning, I took my Tom Tom with us today and it said we walked 1.7 miles from home, which would be a total of 3.4 miles! Wow, I thought it would be 2 miles at most! I'm doing better than I thought! I go zig zag down the road to miss the potholes, so I travel a bit farther than Tom Tom's straight line! A small herd of cows has shown up in a field we walk by, they stand and stare at us as we go by, not sure why. The other day we walked up to the fence to take a closer look and they all ran away! John says they're scaredy cows!


Seems like all we do is see doctors lately. John had an appointment with Dr. Hall today to check out his burning toes. Turns out he has a neuroma, which is what I was thinking it might be. Doc gave him a steroid shot to see if it will reduce the inflammation in the nerve. We go back in two weeks and he's going to cast him for orthotics, he's needed them for a long time for his high arch feet. When I used to work for Dr. Flake he had models of different foot types and when I saw the high arch model, they could have taken a cast of John's foot, it looked exactly like them!

No comments: