Monday, July 25, 2011

A Week In The Life

I decided to do Ali Edward's Week In The Life this year. Her project is a week of intense documenting of your life. It's hard to remember to write my thoughts down, taking photos not so hard, LOL, I took 224 photos today! WOW! I took lots of shots through the window of the pickup, man that thing gets dirty fast, so lots of my photos aren't great quality, but they did document my day! Here's a few of them. . .

The sun rising as we started our walk this morning.


One of the planes we see and hear every day. I think they must be helping with the reseeding project in the burned areas of our forest.


Breakfast today was cereal. We were out of strawberries, so I added a sliced banana. Not as good as the strawberries. I always eat my cereal in this bowl. Charles and Nikki gave it to me one year for Christmas, makes me happy to use it! Thanks guys!

One of my flowers with raindrops from last night's rain.

I gave John a much needed hair cut this morning.


We rode out to the airport to watch the planes coming in to see if we could see how many there were. Not sure, we saw several. They would land, taxi to a spot where it looked like something was being loaded in the plane, then take off again. We watched 3 of them come in and leave. Busy, busy!!



You can see the seeded areas covered in straw behind this plane coming in for a landing.


Here's one of the trucks loaded with straw that we are seeing in the area. I heard that they are bringing it in from all over the country!


Last winter was hard on plants in our area. We lost part of our grapevine, I kept hoping it would bounce back, but I think some of it is gone. I need to trim off the dead branches.





Part of our morning routine since John retired is a 9 o'clock break. John was used to having one with his fellow workers when he was working, so wanted to keep doing that when he retired. It's been hard for me to get used to stopping what I'm doing to have one, but I'm adjusting.


I made the mistake one day of asking John where it was chiseled in stone that we had to have a break at 9 and later that day, this is what he brought me. So, if anyone asks you where it's chiseled in stone that you have to have a break at 9, you can tell them, it's at my house!


Our neighbors got some chickens, ducks and turkeys this spring and they are beginning to venture out. I have listened to their rooster grow up, one day he discovered he could crow and he sounded so funny. He's getting better at it now. Today, I got a few shots of the ducks swimming in the pond. What fun, makes me wish I had some. . .


We had some rain today, wow, did we have some rain! It was coming down in sheets and it blew in under our porch roof, hitting the bay window and running down it in sheets and somehow it got inside! I had to put a towel in the window sill to soak up the water. It came in under the front door and the sun room door, too! Wow, I wonder what it did in Alpine, Nutrioso and Greer? I'll bet they got some flooding today. We walked down the street to see what the drainage below us was doing, not much was flowing there, that's good, we've had the road washed out in the past by flooding in that drainage!


I took the optical drive out of my laptop today. I called ASUS about the problems I've had with it a while back and they said it needs to be replaced. I had a hard time getting them to tell me how to take it out, I called and the lady I talked to was so unhelpful! She told me to send in the whole computer, I told her NO way, she said then take it to a repair shop, I told her I'd taken one out in the past, Gateway sent me a new one and instructions on how to do it, and I did it with no trouble. Then she put me on hold for a long time, came back and started telling me on the phone how to do it. BUT, my computer wasn't the one she was giving me instructions for, so then she says take it to a repair shop, like I was too stupid to see the plate over the drive with 4 screws to take out that wasn't there on mine. Excuse me, but mine doesn't look like that! I finally hung up on her after telling her ASUS customer service stinks, did a search on google, and in a few minutes found a video on U Tube telling how to dismantle my computer completely! It was so easy to take out the drive once I knew which screws to take out, why couldn't they have just emailed me the directions! Dumb ASUS! Maybe if I'd told them this was Pinky's daughter they were talking to, they would have believed me when I said I could take it out myself!!


Supper was Orange Chicken followed by a movie, Sanctum. Wow, what an intense movie. It's based on a true story about some people trapped in a cave that's partly under water. Made me scared to go in a cave!




Then off to bed . . . and hopefully no nightmares about caves!

No comments: