Friday, February 20, 2009

Yum, yum!

Today I cooked a roast like Lynne served us while we were visiting. It was so yummy that I wanted to try it out while I still remember how. To make the roast, place a bottle of Herdez Chile Verde in a crockpot and put a beef roast on top. Top the roast with a small can of diced green chile and a medium can of diced tomatoes with onions and garlic. Cook overnight or until tender. Shred the roast and stir. Let cook until the roast has soaked up all the liquid and is very tender. Use the meat mixture in burritos, St. Johns Tacos, Chimichangas, or anything you'd like. We even made sandwiches out of some of the left overs! Yummy!


2 comments:

Charles Wilhelm said...

Wow, that looks really good, I'm gonna have to try that! I don't recall seeing the chile verde in the store, but I'll be on the look out now.

Charles Wilhelm said...

Mmmmm. I found a $23 7-bone Chuck Roast yesterday at Safeway on sale for $8.59, so I gathered the other ingredients and threw it all in the crock pot last night. Shredded it this morning around 6:30 AM, and man it was good! Can't wait to have some after it simmers down some more!