Friday, December 30, 2011

Home Again

We were both up by 4 and ready to leave by 5, so we headed out.  Goodbye Days Inn!  We stayed here because the last time we stayed it was a nicer place than the Super 8 we usually stay in.  Not anymore, it felt like being in a prison cell, bare walls with no pictures, no chairs to sit in, tiny little pillows and the room smelled bad, the smell permeated everything, by morning my pj's had picked it up from the sheets!  It was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but I don't think it was!

Sign on the motel we stayed in

The sun peaking out at 7:30 between Tucson and Globe
We stopped in Globe for breakfast, there were some cool vehicles in the parking lot! What fun to have one like this to play in!


We stopped at Seneca and I got some pictures while stopped.  It looked like this must have been a cool place at one time, too bad it closed up, I'd have loved to spend a weekend in one of the cabins!

The sun shining on a yucca, one of the cabins in the background

I love looking at the rocks in Salt River Canyon
Back in the snow country
I'd love to live in this modern Victorian!

Mural painted by Steve Taylor

It always feels good when Escudilla pops up in my view on a trip home!

It ended up being a not so fun trip home for me, my stomach wasn't feeling good, I guess I ate something that didn't agree with me yesterday. 

No comments: