Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've Got Bokeh

I was reading about bokeh on Michelle's blog the other day and had to go look it up to see what it was. I found it's the blur in out of focus areas of a photo or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light." Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field. Photographers sometimes deliberately use a shallow focus technique to create images with prominent out-of-focus regions. This blur can be either pleasing or unpleasant and distracting. I went out and took this closeup shot to see and I do have points of light in the photo. Interesting, I'll have to experiment more.


Last night, I popped a bone in my ankle as I was standing up, it hurt as bad as spraining it would have and today I stubbed my toe and fell down on the steps outside, jarring my back and hurting my wrists. It's not as much fun to move around and fall down as it used to be, oh say 59 years ago, LOL! I'm sore all over now!

No comments: